Thursday, July 17, 2008

Team Hamburger: What's with the name??!

Every team competing in the competition registers with their own team name.

Our team name is Team Hamburger. So why this name?

Well, as much as we love our burgers, it's more than a devotion to this delicious meal.

We like to think of ourselves as double pattie action squeezed between two hot buns.


... no, not really.

It's just a name that best describes our combined talents and skills. As we're both hoping to give this competition our best, we want to make sure we nourish our client with all that what we have to offer.

By being mates through university, Tim and I have discovered that we are both creative people with a lot of skills to offer. However, while we may be similar to each other in some areas, we are both capable of sharing different perspectives/views.

That helps us observe something at all angles. That's what makes us work as a balanced, professional team.

With the hope of winning aside, I personally think this challenge will be a rewarding experience. I've never participated in something like this before, nor have I worked with a Non-Profit Organisation.

Outside of uni or work, i've never done something this 'meaningful'.

And devoting two weeks of my life to do something like this isn't a big ask.

I'm really determined to help these guys because I wholely believe YouthworX are doing an amazing thing for the community.

All in all, I hope at the end of this I can make a good difference in some peoples lives.

Chur.

- Kenneth

2 comments:

Digital Fix said...

"We want to make sure we nourish our client with all that we have to offer"- Brilliant, just brilliant :)

Team Hamburger said...

Hahaha. Gotta love puns.

So maybe we're a "cheese"burger instead? :-p